David Boxerbaum is one of the most prolific agents working in the industry today and is now an agent at the venerable Paradigm Literary Agency. He has worked with countless writers and scripts, packaging projects and seeing them all the way through the production process. He knows what studios look for in a script, and how to help screenwriters make their script marketable. Now is your chance to find out his advice for writers trying to break in and stay in the business.
During this informative webinar, we will ask David questions that will cover topics screenwriters need to know like:
- How has the spec market changed in the past year and what does that mean for screenwriters?
- What do you need to see in a new writer to make you want to work with him or her?
- Do you read query letters, and if so, what makes you want to read the script?
- How can new writers get in the room to pitch their script?
- Is picking what genre to write an important decision for a new writer?
- What do screenwriters need to know about how spec sales are made?
- How do you know when a script is ready to market?
- What are the best ways screenwriters can get real-life feedback?
- Do you look at contest scripts?
- What are your networking tips for writers?
- What is your favorite kind of script to read?
- .... and so much more!
|Original Broadcast Date||May 16, 2012|
|Webinar Interviewer||Zack Gutin|
|Webinar Interviewee||David Boxerbaum|